Thursday, November 08, 2007

Red Thread Girl Scouts

I never thought I would be saying this but....I am now a Daisy/Brownie Troop Leader for Troop #746, aka Red Thread Girl Scouts. This troop is made up of girls from 5yo to 8yo that have been adopted from China. While we will do some of the usual Girl Scout stuff, we are also going to focus on learning about the many different aspects of China. We had our first meeting last weekend. It was quite the zoo. We have about 14 girls sign up and are still working through the paperwork. I'm sure my mom had paperwork to fill out when I was a Girl Scout but I can't imagine it is anything like there is now. The girls had a great time and I can't wait for the fun to begin. Right now Maggie and Ellie are ecstatic over the idea of the uniform and Ellie has already asked me if she can wear makeup with her uniform. I see a pattern here.....

2 comments:

Kim said...

I just wanted to say hi, I am on SAC with you :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I wonder if they do adopted girls brownies to explore general adoption issues!