Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Finding Your Passion

My dream job would be to get paid for reading.....I love to read! My current selection is called "One Person/Multiple Careers: A New Model for Work/Life Success" by Marci Alboher.

As someone who is always looking for her "passion" I love the stories of successful people who have BTDT. People, who have made the leap from one career to another, each time getting closer and closer to what satisfies their soul. Individuals who have been able to marry skills with passions to live successful and full-filling lives, who have managed to combine jobs or careers to get the most out of each.

I've always envied those individuals that just know from a young age what they are going to grow up to be...an architect, a doctor..my dad knew as a little boy that he wanted to build things..so he grew up to be a civil engineer.

I, on the other hand, have a lot of interests, but no real passion (except for my kids of course). I have a very good job that has allowed me to work from home and be with my girls while they were young, after school, etc., but I'm burned out and find myself constantly thinking about other careers. Part of it may be the need to do something more professional, use my degree, get out of the office and be around adults, but I want a change for the right reason...to be happy, to make a difference, to feel like a success at something, to make enough money that I don't have to live paycheck to paycheck...is that too much to hope for???

I don't mind working two jobs/businesses to achieve this; I have worked multiple jobs for so long I don't know what I would do with only one, but I just want it to be the "right" ones. I want to quit the search.

No comments: